“‘Here’s Johnny!’ he says, and “second fiddle” is his game,
“Weird Al” Yankovic – “Here’s Johnny”
Nowadays, it seems that everyone needs to have a sidekick. Obviously, the Marketing Department has had a major influence on this. And it doesn’t even matter if you are a hero, villain, or a neutral bystander, you either have a sidekick, or are somebody’s else’s sidekick. Look at me, I’m a sidekick on my very own podcast!
The mentors are all listed in parentheses ( ). I could go on and on about this subject, but you don’t want to read a lecture from me. I’m just a second banana. So let’s get to the list!
The Top Ten Sidekicks
- 10. Dr Watson (Sherlock Holmes)
- 9. Tonto (The Lone Ranger)
- 8. Rick Jones (The Incredible Hulk)
- 7. Scarlett (Snake-Eyes [from G.I. Joe])
- 6. Kato (The Green Hornet)
- 5. Patrick Starfish (Spongebob Squarepants)
- 4. Harley Quinn (“Mister J” a.k.a.: The Joker)
- 3. Bucky Barnes (Captain America)
- 2. Robin (Batman)
- 1. Chewbacca (Han Solo [from Star Wars])
Honorable Mentions: Jimmy Olsen (Superman); Lockheed (Kitty Pride); Jubilee (wolverine); Dum Dum Dugan (Nick Fury); Hit-Girl (Kick-Ass); Bumblebee (Optimus Prime); me – a.k.a: I, Omnibus (Keith Feltenstein).
- 10. Plato (Socrates)
- 9. Ed McMahon (Johnny Carson [from “The Tonight Show”])
- 8. Burton “Gus” Guster (Shawn Spencer [from Psych])
- 7. Pinky (Brain [from Pinky and the Brain])
- 6. Deputy Barney Fife (Sheriff Andy Taylor [from The Andy Griffith Show])
- 5. Sam Axe (Sam Westen [from Burn Notice])
- 4. Samwise Gamgee (Frodo [from Lord of the Rings])
- 3. Dr Watson (Sherlock Holmes)
- 2. Robin (Batman)
- 1. Gilligan (the Skipper [from Gilligan’s Island])
Honorable Mentions: Kato; Baba Looey (Quick Draw McGraw); Robin Quivers (Howard Stern); Friday (Robinson Crusoe); Ed Norton (Ralph Kramden [from The Honeymooners]); Smee (Captain Hook [from Peter Pan]); Fozzie Bear (Kermit the Frog); Ron Stoppable (Kim Possible); Boo Boo Bear (Yogi Bear); Andy Richter (Conan O’Brien).
Next Podcast Unlimited List: Top Ten Amusement Park / Theme Park Rides.