I’m no auto enthusiast, but I love cars. Because the alternative is I, and a lot of other people, would have a hard time getting from point A to point B. There’s public transportation, but they are limited by its designated route and takes a long period of time. There’s also bicycles, but they are best for highly populated urban areas; otherwise it also takes awhile to get anywhere. I know next to nothing about auto mechanics, and neither does most of Hollywood. Yet we love cars.
A car is an icon. A car can be a character. In the movies and TV, there are iconic characters that happen to be cars.
Since my creative tank is creeping towards “E,” let’s get to the finish line.
The Top Ten Cars from Movies or Television
- 10. Herbie, The Love Bug
- 9. Chitti Chitti Bang Bang
- 8. The Trans Am from Smokey & The Bandit
- 7. The General Lee
- 6. The Batmobile (from the 1989 movie Batman)
- 5. The Batmobile (from 1960’s TV series Batman)
- 4. K.I.T.T.
- 3. Ecto-1
- 2. DeLorean DMC-12
- 1. The Tumbler from The Dark Knight
Honorable Mentions: 1966 Imperial Crown from The Green Hornet; The Mystery Machine; The Shagmobile from Dumb and Dumber; The A-Team’s van; Mad Max’s car; The Gran Torino from Starsky and Hutch; Christine.
- 10. Speed Racer’s Mach-5
- 9. James Bond’s Aston Martin
- 8. Greased Lightning (from Grease)
- 7. Herbie, The Love Bug
- 6. The Blues Mobile (from The Blues Brothers)
- 4.1961 Ferrari GT (from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off)
- 3. K.I.T.T.
- 2. The Tumbler from The Dark Knight
- 1. DeLorean DMC-12
Honorable Mention: The Deathmobile (from National Lampoon’s Animal House); Christine
Next Podcast Unlimited List: The Top Ten superpowers