No cyborgs. No androids. Just robots. I hope you’ve got your Old Glory Insurance paid up.
Before you peek, try to guess the over/under on the number of mecha on our lists. You’d probably feel safe betting the over on the professed anime fan’s list (me), but how do you feel about the line of 0.5 for the professed non-anime fan (Keith)?
If you bet the under on Keith’s list … YOU LOST! It’s just another example of what I’ve always stated, “You’re an anime fan… you just haven’t realized it.”
And if you’re nice, we might even have some cake.
So without further adieu, here is our lists:
The Top Ten Robots
- 10. Twiggy (Buck Rogers in the 25th Century)
- 9. Go-Lion Voltron
- 8. Johnny 5 (Short Circuit)
- 7. Jet Jaguar (Godzilla vs Megalon)
- 6. The Iron Giant
- 5. C3PO
- 4. the Mighty Orbots
- 3. WALL-E
- 2. Terminator T-800 endoskeleton
- 1. Optimus Prime
Honorable mentions: Class M-3 Model B9 (Lost in Space); ED-209 (Robocop)
- 10. the Tachkiomas (Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex)
- 9. VF-1 Valkyrie (Macross) (a.k.a.: Robotech)
- 8. Mechagodzilla
- 7. Go-Lion Voltron
- 6. Megadeus (The Big O)
- 5. The Iron Giant
- 4. RX-78 (Mobile Suit Gundam)
- 3. the Sentinels (X-Men: Days of Future Past)
- 2. Optimus Prime
- 1. Ultron (Avengers)
Honorable mentions: Giant Robo; Manzinger Z; GLaDOS (Portal 2); Huitzil (Darkstalkers); the Daleks (Dr Who); Titan Maximum; the Jaegers (Pacific Rim)
Next Podcast Unlimited List: We go from robots… to Robot Chicken – Top 10 characters from Robot Chicken.
The cake is a lie.